Pages

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Jillian: I don't like you.

I'm warning you now, this post has details which may be disturbing to some people. If you are easily offended, please, go find another blog to read this morning.

Now, on with the show.

I was reminded of a principle this morning. An idea by which all parents should live. And it reared it's ugly head right in the middle of a personal moment.

I woke up early today to work out. I'm a runner, as you know if you've read my blog. But currently I'm in the process of cross-training to make my legs stronger and hopefully, my time faster. So I got up at 6:00 a.m. to do a Jillian Michaels workout tape DVD that I have (did that just totally date me, or what?!). You should also know that this tape DVD is my nemesis. I love it and I hate it. It's a great workout and yet, my ENTIRE body hurts for like two days after I complete it.

Normally, I do it alone. Recently, I did it with my husband. He's STILL hurting. But I'm recovered enough that I knew I needed to srike while the iron was hot and workout with that damn Jillian. So I woke up early. And because I knew I'd be alone in those wee hours, I put on a sports bra and (yes!) just my underwear, which were boy shorts (just in case you were wondering). So here I am, half naked, when I turn on the tv. Apparently the power flashed overnight and it took FOREVER for the cable box to fire back up. And while I was waiting I checked my facebook on my phone. Which then made me laugh (a couple of funny videos got posted) and the next thing I know it's 6:30. Dang, I don't do morning well. I can kill time like nobody's business, especially without coffee.

So I head down the hall and wake up my son (yes, still half naked). And I head back into the living room where I start up the video. Jillian created her videos to do a sequence of cardio, strength, and abs. So wouldn't you know that about the time I'm on my second round of cardio, my son walks in. He's intrigued. He wants to join in. He starts doing the lunges, and the jumping jacks, all while I'm raising my voice and telling him to GO GET READY! And that's when my lesson was learned. G walks over to the sofa, BEHIND ME. He sits down, presumably to put his shoes on? And now I'm doing butt kicks.

Can you see what's coming? Because I did.

G says to me, while giggling: Wow, mom! Your butt is jiggling all over the place!

What's the principle learned here? Let's try a few:
1. Don't ever let ANYONE in your family get behind you while you're bouncing if you're not prepared to hear how you jiggle.
2. Don't wear a bra and panties alone to work out in your living room, especially if you MAY have an audience.
3. Wake up an hour before anyone else in your house if you want to work out in your underwear.

I hope you can learn from my mistake.

No comments:

Post a Comment