Pages

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

more or less

I've made some New Year's Resolutions. Have you? Do you ever actually follow them through to completion? I'm a list checker, so I'm pretty good at making things happen. Hence the crafting. Once I dream it, it's only a matter of time before it comes to life. So this morning, I'd like to share my resolutions with you. Maybe you can help spur me on later in the year if I'm slacking. Here goes!

I'd like to do MORE:
praying
reading
running
weight training
learning to use my saws
listening
encouraging
writing letters and mailing them
volunteering

And LESS:
complaining
talking
cleaning (oh wait, that's not possible... UNLESS we bring back our favorite: JEN!)
facebook
laziness

In short, I vow to serve others: through prayer, my time, my energy, and my heart. I promise to listen. To God, to my husband, my children, and my friends. I will listen for the still, small voice that tells me to GO. The one that spurs me on from my heart to my stomach and makes me sick until I follow it's leading. I will share, encourage, and be REAL with the people around me, so that my life bears witness to a big God who loves me in spite of my shortcomings and mistakes.

I leave you with my favorite scripture as we all enter this new year, full of hope and promise. May you be blessed in unexpected ways this year, 2013.

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord. "plans to prosper you and not to harm you. Plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart." -Jeremiah 29:11-13

May we all seek in 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment